Bangalore court issues non-bailable warrant against Madani
Bangalore: A local court on Tuesday issued
a non-bailable warrant against Kerala-based Peoples Democratic
Party leader Abdul Nasser Madani in the case relating to 2008
serial bomb blasts in the city.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Judge Venkatesh
Gurigi ordered that Madani should be produced before the court
on or before June 23.
The city police had on Friday filed an additional
chargesheet in the case listing Madani as the 31st accused.
Madani was suspected to be an associate of T Nazir, LeT`s
South India commander and the prime accused in the serial
According to police, Nazir had told them that he had met
Madani and discussed with him about the July 25, 2008 blast,
which left one dead.
Madani has, however, denied his involvement in the blast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav