Bangalore Electronics City on hit list: Suspected ISI agent
Chennai: The Electronics city in the country`s IT capital Bangalore was on the hit list of the ISI, a suspected agent of the Pakistani spy agency has said during sustained interrogation, police sources here said.
37-year old Mohammed Zahir Hussain, a Sri Lankan national presently in the custody of Tamil Nadu Q Branch Police, has told investigators that the ISI handlers in Colombo had directed him to get a house on rent in Electronics City.
The idea was to keep ready a hide out for ISI operatives so that attacks could be carried out in the neighbourhood of Electronics City, which is a symbol of India`s economic growth and leadership position in several sectors, the sources said.
Hussain, however, could not succeed in getting a house on rent though he had travelled to Bangalore, they added.
It has also now emerged that the suspected ISI agent had spent several years in prison in Singapore and Thailand besides in his own country after being convicted of offences related to human trafficking, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA