Bangalore Electronics City on hit list: Suspected ISI agent
Chennai: The Electronics city in the country`s IT capital Bangalore was on the hit list of the ISI, a suspected agent of the Pakistani spy agency has said during sustained interrogation, police sources here said.
37-year old Mohammed Zahir Hussain, a Sri Lankan national presently in the custody of Tamil Nadu Q Branch Police, has told investigators that the ISI handlers in Colombo had directed him to get a house on rent in Electronics City.
The idea was to keep ready a hide out for ISI operatives so that attacks could be carried out in the neighbourhood of Electronics City, which is a symbol of India`s economic growth and leadership position in several sectors, the sources said.
Hussain, however, could not succeed in getting a house on rent though he had travelled to Bangalore, they added.
It has also now emerged that the suspected ISI agent had spent several years in prison in Singapore and Thailand besides in his own country after being convicted of offences related to human trafficking, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split