Bangalore Electronics City on hit list: Suspected ISI agent
Chennai: The Electronics city in the country`s IT capital Bangalore was on the hit list of the ISI, a suspected agent of the Pakistani spy agency has said during sustained interrogation, police sources here said.
37-year old Mohammed Zahir Hussain, a Sri Lankan national presently in the custody of Tamil Nadu Q Branch Police, has told investigators that the ISI handlers in Colombo had directed him to get a house on rent in Electronics City.
The idea was to keep ready a hide out for ISI operatives so that attacks could be carried out in the neighbourhood of Electronics City, which is a symbol of India`s economic growth and leadership position in several sectors, the sources said.
Hussain, however, could not succeed in getting a house on rent though he had travelled to Bangalore, they added.
It has also now emerged that the suspected ISI agent had spent several years in prison in Singapore and Thailand besides in his own country after being convicted of offences related to human trafficking, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read