Bangalore, San Francisco ink seven MoUs
Bangalore: Bangalore and San Francisco
today signed seven MoUs as they strengthened "sister cities"
The MoUs were inked in the presence of Chief Minister B S
Yedddyurappa and Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom.
The MoUs were in respect of healthcare, water and
sanitation, education and research, art, museum and culture,
trade and commerce and fashion technology.
"The sister cities concept is unique -- it is two-way;
the give and take is shared by both sides", Yeddyurappa said.
"It provides for planned and continuous contact between the
cities involved and their citizens".
It also encourages exchanges in the areas of education,
culture and sports besides helping to promote trade and
The two cities signed an MoU in October last year to form
sister cities arrangement, which aimed at promoting
cooperation and understanding between them to partner in
economic growth, cultural exchange, knowledge transfer and
fostering clean technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan
- Oil prices fall as Brexit lingers, refined products glut looms
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside