Bangalore, San Francisco ink seven MoUs
Bangalore: Bangalore and San Francisco
today signed seven MoUs as they strengthened "sister cities"
The MoUs were inked in the presence of Chief Minister B S
Yedddyurappa and Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom.
The MoUs were in respect of healthcare, water and
sanitation, education and research, art, museum and culture,
trade and commerce and fashion technology.
"The sister cities concept is unique -- it is two-way;
the give and take is shared by both sides", Yeddyurappa said.
"It provides for planned and continuous contact between the
cities involved and their citizens".
It also encourages exchanges in the areas of education,
culture and sports besides helping to promote trade and
The two cities signed an MoU in October last year to form
sister cities arrangement, which aimed at promoting
cooperation and understanding between them to partner in
economic growth, cultural exchange, knowledge transfer and
fostering clean technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon