Bangalore, San Francisco ink seven MoUs
Bangalore: Bangalore and San Francisco
today signed seven MoUs as they strengthened "sister cities"
The MoUs were inked in the presence of Chief Minister B S
Yedddyurappa and Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom.
The MoUs were in respect of healthcare, water and
sanitation, education and research, art, museum and culture,
trade and commerce and fashion technology.
"The sister cities concept is unique -- it is two-way;
the give and take is shared by both sides", Yeddyurappa said.
"It provides for planned and continuous contact between the
cities involved and their citizens".
It also encourages exchanges in the areas of education,
culture and sports besides helping to promote trade and
The two cities signed an MoU in October last year to form
sister cities arrangement, which aimed at promoting
cooperation and understanding between them to partner in
economic growth, cultural exchange, knowledge transfer and
fostering clean technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed