Bangladesh national without visa held in Uttarakhand
Roorkee: A Bangladeshi national was held here after being found entering into the country illegally, police said on Friday.
Khokha, who hails from Aliganj in Bangladesh, was arrested from Pathri bridge area of Roorkee in Haridwar district last night when found travelling without a visa during a routine checking, SHO Vidya Bhushan said.
Preliminary inquiry revealed that Khokha entered India without a visa last year and was living in Ajmer in Rajasthan, he said.
He came by train to Haridwar on Tuesday and was on his way to Piran Kaliyar near Roorkee to attend Urs when he was caught, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months