Bangladesh national without visa held in Uttarakhand
Roorkee: A Bangladeshi national was held here after being found entering into the country illegally, police said on Friday.
Khokha, who hails from Aliganj in Bangladesh, was arrested from Pathri bridge area of Roorkee in Haridwar district last night when found travelling without a visa during a routine checking, SHO Vidya Bhushan said.
Preliminary inquiry revealed that Khokha entered India without a visa last year and was living in Ajmer in Rajasthan, he said.
He came by train to Haridwar on Tuesday and was on his way to Piran Kaliyar near Roorkee to attend Urs when he was caught, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city