‘Bangladesh positive to India`s security concerns’
Shillong: Bangladesh has responded positively to India`s security related issues at a meet of the border guards of two countries, a top BSF official said here on Thursday.
The BSF formally handed over a list of 46 Indian
insurgent camps, stated to be in Bangladesh, besides a list of
smugglers and others during the four-day meet with the Border
Guards Bangladesh, the official said.
"We had a very good response from them with regards to
security related issues particularly about the camps of
insurgent groups," the official told agency here.
The four-day BSF-BGB meet also saw the exchange of views
on matters of common concern of the border guarding forces,
the issues of tackling terrorism, infiltration and border
The DDG-level meet attended by BSF IGs from Tripura,
Silchar, Guwahati and Shillong frontier was led by IG
(HQs) S K Mishra while Deputy Director General of BGB Brig
General Abu Sayeed Khan led his 12-member team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok