Bangladeshi electrocuted while damaging border fence lighting
Kolkata/New Delhi: A Bangladeshi on Sunday died after he allegedly tried to damage the border fence lighting along Indo-Bangla border in North-24 Parganas district of West Bengal.
The incident took place on the intervening night of August 24-25 in the Kaijuri border post area of the country`s eastern border with Bangladesh under Swaroopnagar police station of North 24 Parganas.
The dead Bangladeshi has been identified as Shafikul Islam (28) resident of Ashasoni village in Satkhira district and his body was recovered by a patrol squad of the Border Security Force (BSF) today, 75 yards inside Indian territory.
Islam, according to the force, was accompanied by two-three other people and he was electrocuted when they were allegedly trying to damage the electric fence.
BSF`s counterpart Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) has claimed Islam`s body during a flag meeting this afternoon which will be handed over soon, they said.
Border flood lights have been placed along the Indo-Bangladesh border to illuminate border during night to check movement of miscreants across border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog