Banking and finance largest recruiter at IIMB
Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management
Bangalore (IIMB) has achieved 100 per cent placement for its
batch of 270 students this year within five days, with the
highest number of offers being made by the financial sector
followed by the consulting sector.
The banking and financial services sector, with 27 per
cent of the offers, was the largest recruiter and the
consulting sector stood second with 22 per cent offers. The
other major sectors were IT & systems (20 per cent), marketing
(12 per cent) and general management (nine per cent) with the
remainder accounted for by private equities, emerging sectors
and public sector undertakings (PSUs).
The finance sector made 65 offers and consulting sector
made 54 offers. Eleven offers were made by emerging sectors
like healthcare and energy. Nine offers were made by PSUs, a
Over 120 companies visited the campus for campus
recruitment that concluded on Monday.
Company wise, Deloitte made the maximum offers (10).
Other consulting bigwigs like McKinsey and Boston Consulting
Group made nine offers each.
Some of the other slot zero recruiters who visited IIMB
this year were Bain & Co, Booz & Co, A.T. Kearney, Diamond
Consulting, Alvarez & Marsal, Nomura and Temasek Holdings.
P&G, ITC and American Express were the other prominent
recruiters, making six offers each.
Amongst the first-time recruiters, Narayana Hrudyalaya,
the renowned inclusive healthcare group, offered senior level
positions to six students.
Several companies, including Nomura, Temasek, P&G, Enzen,
Arvin Meritor and UAE Exchange offered international
The forty-five women in the batch accepted offers across
sectors, including investment banking, consulting and PE as
well as offers outside India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi