Banking and finance largest recruiter at IIMB
Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management
Bangalore (IIMB) has achieved 100 per cent placement for its
batch of 270 students this year within five days, with the
highest number of offers being made by the financial sector
followed by the consulting sector.
The banking and financial services sector, with 27 per
cent of the offers, was the largest recruiter and the
consulting sector stood second with 22 per cent offers. The
other major sectors were IT & systems (20 per cent), marketing
(12 per cent) and general management (nine per cent) with the
remainder accounted for by private equities, emerging sectors
and public sector undertakings (PSUs).
The finance sector made 65 offers and consulting sector
made 54 offers. Eleven offers were made by emerging sectors
like healthcare and energy. Nine offers were made by PSUs, a
Over 120 companies visited the campus for campus
recruitment that concluded on Monday.
Company wise, Deloitte made the maximum offers (10).
Other consulting bigwigs like McKinsey and Boston Consulting
Group made nine offers each.
Some of the other slot zero recruiters who visited IIMB
this year were Bain & Co, Booz & Co, A.T. Kearney, Diamond
Consulting, Alvarez & Marsal, Nomura and Temasek Holdings.
P&G, ITC and American Express were the other prominent
recruiters, making six offers each.
Amongst the first-time recruiters, Narayana Hrudyalaya,
the renowned inclusive healthcare group, offered senior level
positions to six students.
Several companies, including Nomura, Temasek, P&G, Enzen,
Arvin Meritor and UAE Exchange offered international
The forty-five women in the batch accepted offers across
sectors, including investment banking, consulting and PE as
well as offers outside India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say