Banking and finance largest recruiter at IIMB
Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management
Bangalore (IIMB) has achieved 100 per cent placement for its
batch of 270 students this year within five days, with the
highest number of offers being made by the financial sector
followed by the consulting sector.
The banking and financial services sector, with 27 per
cent of the offers, was the largest recruiter and the
consulting sector stood second with 22 per cent offers. The
other major sectors were IT & systems (20 per cent), marketing
(12 per cent) and general management (nine per cent) with the
remainder accounted for by private equities, emerging sectors
and public sector undertakings (PSUs).
The finance sector made 65 offers and consulting sector
made 54 offers. Eleven offers were made by emerging sectors
like healthcare and energy. Nine offers were made by PSUs, a
Over 120 companies visited the campus for campus
recruitment that concluded on Monday.
Company wise, Deloitte made the maximum offers (10).
Other consulting bigwigs like McKinsey and Boston Consulting
Group made nine offers each.
Some of the other slot zero recruiters who visited IIMB
this year were Bain & Co, Booz & Co, A.T. Kearney, Diamond
Consulting, Alvarez & Marsal, Nomura and Temasek Holdings.
P&G, ITC and American Express were the other prominent
recruiters, making six offers each.
Amongst the first-time recruiters, Narayana Hrudyalaya,
the renowned inclusive healthcare group, offered senior level
positions to six students.
Several companies, including Nomura, Temasek, P&G, Enzen,
Arvin Meritor and UAE Exchange offered international
The forty-five women in the batch accepted offers across
sectors, including investment banking, consulting and PE as
well as offers outside India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm