Banner in Tamil Nadu shows Rajapaksa seeking Jayalalithaa`s forgiveness
Coimbatore: A large banner, portraying Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa as seeking forgiveness of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for the derogatory article against her in a defence website, on Saturday appeared at a main junction in Mettupalayam, about 40 km from here.
The banner, written in Tamil and showing Rajapaksa with folded hands, read "Amma, I have made a big mistake. Please forgive me and give me life," police said.
The 20 feet X 10 feet banner has the names of Town AIADMK, Amma Peravai, Students wing, trade union wing and AIADMK Farmers association among others, they said.
Sri Lanka yesterday tendered an unqualified apology for publishing the article on its defence website and removed the post following strong condemnation from political parties in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him