Banner in Tamil Nadu shows Rajapaksa seeking Jayalalithaa`s forgiveness
Coimbatore: A large banner, portraying Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa as seeking forgiveness of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for the derogatory article against her in a defence website, on Saturday appeared at a main junction in Mettupalayam, about 40 km from here.
The banner, written in Tamil and showing Rajapaksa with folded hands, read "Amma, I have made a big mistake. Please forgive me and give me life," police said.
The 20 feet X 10 feet banner has the names of Town AIADMK, Amma Peravai, Students wing, trade union wing and AIADMK Farmers association among others, they said.
Sri Lanka yesterday tendered an unqualified apology for publishing the article on its defence website and removed the post following strong condemnation from political parties in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?