Bansal to flag off ‘new age’ Shatabdi from Chandigarh on January 14
New Delhi: A new age Shatabdi train will be flagged off on January 14, an auspicious day in Hindu calender, from Chandigarh by Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
The 14-coach train is the first Shatabdi to be equipped with newly designed coupler for ensuring jerk-free ride for passengers, a senior Railway Ministry official said.
Currently, these couplers are being used in two Durontos and a few Rajdhani trains.
The newly designed couplers developed at Research Design and Standards Organisation (RDSO) will be used in all Rajdhani, Duronto and Shatabdi trains in phases.
Bansal, who is also an MP from Chandigarh, will flag off the new train at Chandigarh railway station at around on Makar Sankranti (January 14).
Railways have decided to introduce the third Shatabdi connecting Delhi and Chandigarh, the official said. The new Shatabdi will have one Executive Class coach and rest Chair Cars.
More coaches will be added including Executive Class coach later on depending on the demand, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!