Bansal to flag off ‘new age’ Shatabdi from Chandigarh on January 14
New Delhi: A new age Shatabdi train will be flagged off on January 14, an auspicious day in Hindu calender, from Chandigarh by Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
The 14-coach train is the first Shatabdi to be equipped with newly designed coupler for ensuring jerk-free ride for passengers, a senior Railway Ministry official said.
Currently, these couplers are being used in two Durontos and a few Rajdhani trains.
The newly designed couplers developed at Research Design and Standards Organisation (RDSO) will be used in all Rajdhani, Duronto and Shatabdi trains in phases.
Bansal, who is also an MP from Chandigarh, will flag off the new train at Chandigarh railway station at around on Makar Sankranti (January 14).
Railways have decided to introduce the third Shatabdi connecting Delhi and Chandigarh, the official said. The new Shatabdi will have one Executive Class coach and rest Chair Cars.
More coaches will be added including Executive Class coach later on depending on the demand, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it