Barakali killing: Court frames charges against 21 persons
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court has framed charges against 21 persons for allegedly killing eight members of a family in 2011.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Lokender Kumar Rathi framed the charges against the accused here yesterday.
Eight members of a family, including former chairman of cane society of Rohana, Udayveer Singh, were killed by a speeding truck near Barakali village of the district on July 11, 2011.
The car they were travelling in was crushed by a truck, prosecution said.
Earlier the police had filed a case of murder against 23 people.
One of the accused was declared minor and he would be tried in a juvenile court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon