Barakali killing: Court frames charges against 21 persons
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court has framed charges against 21 persons for allegedly killing eight members of a family in 2011.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Lokender Kumar Rathi framed the charges against the accused here yesterday.
Eight members of a family, including former chairman of cane society of Rohana, Udayveer Singh, were killed by a speeding truck near Barakali village of the district on July 11, 2011.
The car they were travelling in was crushed by a truck, prosecution said.
Earlier the police had filed a case of murder against 23 people.
One of the accused was declared minor and he would be tried in a juvenile court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!