Barcelona offers to sign friendship deal with Delhi govt
New Delhi: The city of Barcelona on Monday
offered to sign a friendship agreement with Delhi Government
to share each other`s experience in diverse fields.
The offer was made to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit
by a delegation from the Spanish city led by Ambassador of
Spain Ion de la Riva during a meeting here.
Director of International Relations of Barcelona City
Council Josep Roca and former Director of the Department of
Urban Planning during the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona
Josep Acebillo were part of the delegation.
The delegation showed keen interest to know about ongoing
infrastructure development in Delhi in view of the ensuing
Commonwealth Games and offered their cooperation and expertise
in setting up of "public art in various parts of the national
capital," a senior official said.
Dikshit while responding to the offer, expressed
gratitude on behalf of her government for their willingness to
have a friendship agreement with Delhi.
She said the friendship agreement will prove to be
beneficial to both the cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video