Bardhan asks Advani to give up `pipe dream`
New Delhi: As L K Advani`s anti-corruption
yatra came to an end, the CPI on Sunday asked the BJP leader to
give up his "pipe dream" of becoming the prime minister as it
claimed that an "alternative combine" will come to power after
the 2014 general elections.
Party General Secretary A B Bardhan termed the month-long
yatra as an "attempt to refurbish" Advani`s image to stake a
claim for the post of prime minister.
"Advaniji`s yatra has reached Delhi. I wish he is back.
During the course of his yatra, he has become an yatri
himself. The yatra was an attempt to refurbish his image to
stake claim for the prime minister`s post. That pipe dream
should be given up," he told reporters here while briefing
them about the party`s National Executive meet held yesterday
Bardhan said a political alternative that the people of
the country has been waiting for will take shape in the next
two years and they would come to power in the next elections.
"Neither the UPA-II is going to come to power as UPA-III
or the NDA is going to come. Of course, the country won`t have
a vacuum. An alternative will come up," he said.
Asked whether consultations for forming an alternative
combine has been launched, Bardhan said there was no need for
such an exercise now and mostly the combine would consist of
"We hope and expect that some alternative which the
people are looking forward will take place. We are
optimistic," he said.
To a question on CPI-M changing its political line, he
said he has never heard of such thing. "What I know is that
they have released an ideological document."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter