Bardhan evasive about CPM-CPI merger
Kolkata: After CPM leaders, including
Sitaram Yechury, talked of a possible merger with the CPI, the
parent party on Monday sounded evasive about it, saying "unity of
action" by Communist parties will eventually lead to merger.
"CPI General Secretary shaking hands with CPI(M)
General Secretary has nothing to do with the merger of the two
parties. So we should concentrate on unity of action," CPI
General Secretary A B Bardhan said today.
"In the present political scenario where we have a
government which is anti-people we should have more movements
and intensify it which might lead to merger," Bardhan said.
"Note my words carefully. It is Communist unity which
leads to merger," he said, adding that his was not a bourgeois
party where one leader shook hands with another and
the process of merger was complete.
On June 13, CPI(M) Politburo Member Sitaram Yechury
had said that merger of the two parties, however desirable,
had to undergo a certain process.
Expressing hope that the process might lead to merger,
he had said that it was a process and it was on and the
parties were working together at it now at the mass
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users