Bardhan evasive about CPM-CPI merger
Kolkata: After CPM leaders, including
Sitaram Yechury, talked of a possible merger with the CPI, the
parent party on Monday sounded evasive about it, saying "unity of
action" by Communist parties will eventually lead to merger.
"CPI General Secretary shaking hands with CPI(M)
General Secretary has nothing to do with the merger of the two
parties. So we should concentrate on unity of action," CPI
General Secretary A B Bardhan said today.
"In the present political scenario where we have a
government which is anti-people we should have more movements
and intensify it which might lead to merger," Bardhan said.
"Note my words carefully. It is Communist unity which
leads to merger," he said, adding that his was not a bourgeois
party where one leader shook hands with another and
the process of merger was complete.
On June 13, CPI(M) Politburo Member Sitaram Yechury
had said that merger of the two parties, however desirable,
had to undergo a certain process.
Expressing hope that the process might lead to merger,
he had said that it was a process and it was on and the
parties were working together at it now at the mass
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!