Bardhan slams CPI(M) over remarks against CPI
Hyderabad: Senior CPI leader A B Bardhan on Saturday took exception to some CPI(M) leaders` reported remarks over his party`s policies and programmes.
Noting that the CPI(M) leaders claimed that his party had no programme or policy, he said, "The CPI continued to work vibrantly on various burning issues and problems of the poor and the deprived."
He spoke at the state council meeting of the CPI here which was attended by CPI general secretary S Sudhakar Reddy and other party leaders.
Bardhan also said it was the CPI (M) which needed to revise its party programme in tune with the changing times.
The CPI leader had met TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu who recently completed a record 3,000 km `padayatra` across Andhra Pradesh.
Speaking on the occasion, he said a non-Congress, non-BJP government could assume power after the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand