Batch of over 400 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: A batch of 440 devotees on Saturday left the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir, police said.
A convoy of 16 vehicles, carrying the 30th batch of 440 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:50 am to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch, includes 284 men, 62 women and eight children, apart from 86 priests, are on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Valley, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 48,714 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception