Batcha autopsy: Doctor`s resignation rejected
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government has refused to accept the resignation of V Dekal, who conducted autopsy on Sadiq Batcha, realtor and associate of former communications minister Andimuthu Raja, owing to inadequacy of staff.
Speaking to agency, Resident Medial Officer at Government Royapettah Hospital here A Elango said: "Dekal had submitted his resignation March 3, much before the post-mortem (of Batcha). The government has declined to accept his resignation citing scarcity of staff. He is expected to report to duty Tuesday."
Sadiq Batcha was found hanging at his residence here March 16. He was under the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) scanner to check whether his company, Green House Promoters, was a conduit for the money generated in the spectrum scam.
Dekal, who is on deputation to the Government Royapettah Hospital from Kilpauk Medical College here, conducted the post-mortem examination on Batcha`s body March 17 and said the realtor died due to asphyxia (lack of oxygen in the blood causing unconsciousness or death).
Elango said Dekal wanted to contest in the state assembly elections and hence put in his papers.
"I don`t know from which constituency or state he wanted to contest," Elango said.
Speaking to reporters Monday here, Dekal said he has put in his papers from government service as he would like to contest the assembly polls as an independent candidate.
However, he said his association with the Batcha case would continue till its end and he is waiting for the relieving order from the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'