Batcha autopsy: Doctor`s resignation rejected
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government has refused to accept the resignation of V Dekal, who conducted autopsy on Sadiq Batcha, realtor and associate of former communications minister Andimuthu Raja, owing to inadequacy of staff.
Speaking to agency, Resident Medial Officer at Government Royapettah Hospital here A Elango said: "Dekal had submitted his resignation March 3, much before the post-mortem (of Batcha). The government has declined to accept his resignation citing scarcity of staff. He is expected to report to duty Tuesday."
Sadiq Batcha was found hanging at his residence here March 16. He was under the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) scanner to check whether his company, Green House Promoters, was a conduit for the money generated in the spectrum scam.
Dekal, who is on deputation to the Government Royapettah Hospital from Kilpauk Medical College here, conducted the post-mortem examination on Batcha`s body March 17 and said the realtor died due to asphyxia (lack of oxygen in the blood causing unconsciousness or death).
Elango said Dekal wanted to contest in the state assembly elections and hence put in his papers.
"I don`t know from which constituency or state he wanted to contest," Elango said.
Speaking to reporters Monday here, Dekal said he has put in his papers from government service as he would like to contest the assembly polls as an independent candidate.
However, he said his association with the Batcha case would continue till its end and he is waiting for the relieving order from the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India