Battle for IAC: ‘Work, not name, is important’, says Bhushan
Chennai: Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan on Monday said that his team headed by Arvind Kejriwal would no longer use the name of India Against Corruption (IAC), and added that it will have a name of its own from November 26 after the formation of a new political party.
“We have always said that name is not important, work is important. When Anna told us that he doesn’t want us to use his name, we stopped using the name ‘Team Anna’. And thereafter we reverted back to India Against Corruption. Now, if he asks us to stop using India Against Corruption name, we will stop using that also. Arvind has said that Anna is very dear to us and we will abide by his wishes,” said Bhushan.
“So, therefore if he (Anna) says don’t use IAC, we will not use. In any case, from the 26th of November our political party will be launched and that will have a name and then we will use that name,” he added.
Former IPS officer and Team Anna member Kiran Bedi earlier said that the name of IAC would remain with Hazare.
“People can donate in the name of IAC. Arvind``s organisation is PCRF (Public Cause Research Foundation)," she said.
According to certain media reports, the members of Team Anna after their first meeting yesterday insisted that the name if IAC should be retained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy