Battle for Jan Lokpal to begin from Patna in January: Anna Hazare
Mumbai: The battle for Jan Lokpal and corruption-free India will commence from Patna in January, social activist Anna Hazare said on Wednesday.
Hazare also said there was a delay in undertaking a countrywide tour as he had recently undergone a cataract surgery.
"But now we have decided that the countrywide tour will begin in January, from the place where Jaiprakash Narayan launched his movement," he said.
"The battle for Jan Lokpal and corruption-free India will begin at the Gandhi Maidan in Patna in January," Hazare said in a statement.
Thousands of youth have expressed their desire to participate in the movement and with the help of a technology-enabled network, their number will reach crores, he said.
A meeting of 10 technical experts was held in Ralegan Siddhi on October 14 to use technology for building a countrywide organisation, he said.
"The time for `parivartan` (change) has come in this country," Hazare said.
The last 65 years have shown that change is not possible through political power. Change cannot be brought about without people`s power, he added.
The government is afraid of getting ousted through elections and is not scared of anything else, he said.
The battle for change will be a long-drawn one, he said.
Meanwhile, Hazare`s associate Datta Awari told PTI that former Army chief General V K Singh will meet Hazare at Ralegan Siddhi tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report