Battle for Jan Lokpal to begin from Patna in January: Anna Hazare
Mumbai: The battle for Jan Lokpal and corruption-free India will commence from Patna in January, social activist Anna Hazare said on Wednesday.
Hazare also said there was a delay in undertaking a countrywide tour as he had recently undergone a cataract surgery.
"But now we have decided that the countrywide tour will begin in January, from the place where Jaiprakash Narayan launched his movement," he said.
"The battle for Jan Lokpal and corruption-free India will begin at the Gandhi Maidan in Patna in January," Hazare said in a statement.
Thousands of youth have expressed their desire to participate in the movement and with the help of a technology-enabled network, their number will reach crores, he said.
A meeting of 10 technical experts was held in Ralegan Siddhi on October 14 to use technology for building a countrywide organisation, he said.
"The time for `parivartan` (change) has come in this country," Hazare said.
The last 65 years have shown that change is not possible through political power. Change cannot be brought about without people`s power, he added.
The government is afraid of getting ousted through elections and is not scared of anything else, he said.
The battle for change will be a long-drawn one, he said.
Meanwhile, Hazare`s associate Datta Awari told PTI that former Army chief General V K Singh will meet Hazare at Ralegan Siddhi tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video