BCCI meet `more perfectly fixed` than any IPL match: Ahmed
New Delhi: BCCI meet at Chennai was "more perfectly fixed" than any IPL match because it was done "not by the bookies, but by the bosses", Congress spokesman Shakil Ahmed said on Monday amid criticism of the cricket body`s functioning.
"People say the BCCI meet in Chennai was more perfectly fixed than any IPL match because it was done not by the bookies but by the bosses", the Congress leader wrote on the micro-blogging site Twitter even though he maintained that the party would not comment on the issue.
At the AICC briefing, Ahmed did gave hints that the party was not exactly amused over the developments in Chennai.
"There is no question of being happy or unhappy. It is for the sports ministry and for the government to decide. I do not want to discuss it as a political party", he said adding that sports should be kept away from politics.
His comments came in the wake of the Chennai meet of BCCI that saw its President N Srinivasan agreeing to "step aside" till a probe against his son-in-law, who has been arrested in the IPL betting scandal, is completed.
Under the compromise formula, former BCCI chief Jagmohan Dalmiya made a comeback as head of a four-member interim arrangement to run the Board.
More than a fortnight after the spot-fixing scandal rocked cricketing world, Srinivasan had refused to heed mounting demands for his resignation as Board Chief at a meeting of the Working Committee. He said there were no charges against him.
Asked about speculation that Rajiv Shukla could face axe as a Union Minister in the wake of his role as IPL Commissioner, he said that political issues should not be involved in the matter as already a probe is on and one should await its findings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read