B`desh to hand over replicas of Tagore`s houseboat
New Delhi: The replicas of the famous houseboat extensively used by poet Rabindranath Tagore to inspect his family estate and to pen some of his works in an area now in Bangladesh would be handed over to India next week.
The replicas would be handed over to the Vice Chancellors of Rabindra Bharati University in Kolkata and Viswa Bharati University in Bolpur by Bangladesh Information and Culture Minister Abul Kalam Azad at separate functions on September 12.
The houseboat occupied a key part of Tagore`s life as he used the vessel to sail along the Padma river, carrying out his managerial duties for the Tagore family`s estates in Silaidah, Shahzadpur and Patisar for a decade from 1890 and enjoying the breathtaking beauty of rural Bengal which inspired so many of his compositions.
Azad arrives here on September 10 for a four-day visit to India and will have separate meetings Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and Culture Minister Selja the next day.
The visiting minister will be accompanied by two well- known singers of Bangladesh - Papiya Sarwar and Mamataz, who is also a member of parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!