Be alert on protest which may turn violent: Centre
New Delhi: The Centre on Wednesday asked all states to be vigilant against flash protests being organised by anyone on any issue in any place, saying such demonstrations may turn violent leading to loss of life and property.
In a general advisory, the Home Ministry said there have been several incidents in recent past where people took to street to lodge their protests and such incidents seems to have been increasing.
Citing intelligence inputs, the Ministry said that such incidents may take place anywhere in the country on any issue and authorities must deploy adequate security personnel whenever any information about such demonstration comes and these should not take it lightly.
The Home Ministry advisory came a day after several vehicles were set on fire in Chennai following protest over an American movie which allegedly denigrated Islam and a similar demonstration in Srinagar.
Six people lost their lives in police firing after a crowd attacked a police station and vandalised public property in Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
Last month, two persons lost their lives when a protest turned violent in Mumbai. The protest was organised to seek protection of minorities in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH