Be alert on protest which may turn violent: Centre
New Delhi: The Centre on Wednesday asked all states to be vigilant against flash protests being organised by anyone on any issue in any place, saying such demonstrations may turn violent leading to loss of life and property.
In a general advisory, the Home Ministry said there have been several incidents in recent past where people took to street to lodge their protests and such incidents seems to have been increasing.
Citing intelligence inputs, the Ministry said that such incidents may take place anywhere in the country on any issue and authorities must deploy adequate security personnel whenever any information about such demonstration comes and these should not take it lightly.
The Home Ministry advisory came a day after several vehicles were set on fire in Chennai following protest over an American movie which allegedly denigrated Islam and a similar demonstration in Srinagar.
Six people lost their lives in police firing after a crowd attacked a police station and vandalised public property in Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
Last month, two persons lost their lives when a protest turned violent in Mumbai. The protest was organised to seek protection of minorities in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug