Be alert on protest which may turn violent: Centre
New Delhi: The Centre on Wednesday asked all states to be vigilant against flash protests being organised by anyone on any issue in any place, saying such demonstrations may turn violent leading to loss of life and property.
In a general advisory, the Home Ministry said there have been several incidents in recent past where people took to street to lodge their protests and such incidents seems to have been increasing.
Citing intelligence inputs, the Ministry said that such incidents may take place anywhere in the country on any issue and authorities must deploy adequate security personnel whenever any information about such demonstration comes and these should not take it lightly.
The Home Ministry advisory came a day after several vehicles were set on fire in Chennai following protest over an American movie which allegedly denigrated Islam and a similar demonstration in Srinagar.
Six people lost their lives in police firing after a crowd attacked a police station and vandalised public property in Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
Last month, two persons lost their lives when a protest turned violent in Mumbai. The protest was organised to seek protection of minorities in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic