Be ready for Jantar Mantar again: Hazare
Varanasi: Gandhian Anna Hazare on
asked the people for repeat of a sit-in protest at Delhi`s
Jantar Mantar if the government does not pass the Jan Lokpal
Bill within the stipulated time.
Addressing an `India Against Corruption` rally here
over phone from Pune, he said, "The country has not attained
freedom in its true sense yet and we have to fight a second
freedom struggle. We are prepared to go to jail for that."
Hazare said elimination of corruption in the country
would start from the day the Jan Lokpal Bill is made into law.
"We have to fight another battle for a corruption-free
India and our youth power has to rise up for it."
The social activist said youth power is the power of
the country and once they become aware no one can stop them.
Owing to health grounds, Hazare has said that he will
not be able to attend the Uttar Pradesh leg of the nation-wide
`India Against Corruption` rallies and would address the
people over the phone.
Other social activists Arvind Kejriwal, Swami
Agnivesh, satirist and actor Jaspal Bhatti also addressed the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter