‘Be strict with officers who overstay deputation’
New Delhi: Concerned over umpteen instances of officials overstaying the deputation period, a Parliamentary Committee has asked the government to deal with such cases with a "strong hand".
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Law and Justice has come down heavily on such officials for misusing the provision of deputation to avoid certain "uncomfortable" positions and suggested steps for discouraging it.
The Committee said that deputation, as a policy, had been envisaged to facilitate mobility of personnel between departments so that the person concerned as well as the department(s) benefit from the process.
"When the person on deputation reverts to his parent department, he can put to use the innovative practices that he imbibed from the other department and also, the latter can derive benefits from the processes followed in the person`s parent department. Therefore, once the period of deputation is over, it is beyond reason that the person overstays.
"The Committee is of the considered view that the existing tendency of treating deputation as a tool by persons considering certain places uncomfortable, to ensure posting in a better place or to get a hometown posting should be discouraged," the panel said.
The committee in this context further observed that there were umpteen instances of government officials remaining on deputation for years together, moving from one department to another and even to other statutory or autonomous organisations and their stay in their parent department remained very limited.
"Such tendencies need to be curbed with a strong hand," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks