Bedi suggests united coalition against corruption
New Delhi: Activist Kiran Bedi on Wednesday sought to suggest that anti-corruption movements like that of Anna Hazare and Ramdev could team up with BJP to form a coalition against corruption.
On a collision course with Arvind Kejriwal, she also said Hazare should make a fresh team of his own to take forward the anti-corruption movement forward.
"If this country is to get its CBI independent of party in power then all different voices which have been speaking up need to come together in this cause and rise above ideologies and formations.
"The issue of anti-corruption can bring all such voices together. Fighting separately have been lonely fights so far, to the advantage of the ruling party mired in scams. This needs unity or a `coalition against corruption`. It could then be a united and formidable people`s voice," she said.
She was responding to a question whether a united front of BJP-Anna-Ramdev could take forward the movement against corruption.
Bedi had broken ranks with erstwhile Team Anna and it became public last Sunday when she skipped the protest against corruption opposing the decision to target BJP. She is of the view that the party in power--Congress--should be targeted while Kejriwal and others targets both Congress and BJP.
She said there was an urgent need for separation of the two options--political alternative and anti-corruption movement--so as to take the movement ahead.
Her remarks came in reply to a question on whether it was proper for India Against Corruption to utilise the donations, which were collected for the agitations for a strong Lokpal, be used for political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says