Bedroll in sleeper class of Duronto Express
New Delhi: Passengers travelling in sleeper
class by Duronto Express will not have to carry bedrolls with
them as the Railway Ministry has decided to provide the kit to
those who opt for it.
"The instructions have been issued to all Zonal Railways
that the booking clerk, at the time of issuing of ticket to
passengers travelling in sleeper class by Duronto Express,
should invariably ask passengers to indicate their requirement
of bedroll on reservation requisition slip," an official said.
Rs 25 per bedroll kit will be collected as part of the
fare at the time of issuance of ticket from the passengers, if
they opt for bedroll.
The ministry has also decided to provide blanket and
bedsheet to RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) passengers
travelling in AC classes in all trains.
Since bedroll charges are included in the fare in AC
classes, it has been decided to provide the same, a senior
Railway Ministry official said. However, the decision to
provide bedroll kits is not applicable in the AC Chair Car.
At present RAC passengers are not provided with bedroll
facility in AC Classes since one berth is shared by two RAC
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`