Bedroll in sleeper class of Duronto Express
New Delhi: Passengers travelling in sleeper
class by Duronto Express will not have to carry bedrolls with
them as the Railway Ministry has decided to provide the kit to
those who opt for it.
"The instructions have been issued to all Zonal Railways
that the booking clerk, at the time of issuing of ticket to
passengers travelling in sleeper class by Duronto Express,
should invariably ask passengers to indicate their requirement
of bedroll on reservation requisition slip," an official said.
Rs 25 per bedroll kit will be collected as part of the
fare at the time of issuance of ticket from the passengers, if
they opt for bedroll.
The ministry has also decided to provide blanket and
bedsheet to RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) passengers
travelling in AC classes in all trains.
Since bedroll charges are included in the fare in AC
classes, it has been decided to provide the same, a senior
Railway Ministry official said. However, the decision to
provide bedroll kits is not applicable in the AC Chair Car.
At present RAC passengers are not provided with bedroll
facility in AC Classes since one berth is shared by two RAC
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?