Bedroll in sleeper class of Duronto Express
New Delhi: Passengers travelling in sleeper
class by Duronto Express will not have to carry bedrolls with
them as the Railway Ministry has decided to provide the kit to
those who opt for it.
"The instructions have been issued to all Zonal Railways
that the booking clerk, at the time of issuing of ticket to
passengers travelling in sleeper class by Duronto Express,
should invariably ask passengers to indicate their requirement
of bedroll on reservation requisition slip," an official said.
Rs 25 per bedroll kit will be collected as part of the
fare at the time of issuance of ticket from the passengers, if
they opt for bedroll.
The ministry has also decided to provide blanket and
bedsheet to RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) passengers
travelling in AC classes in all trains.
Since bedroll charges are included in the fare in AC
classes, it has been decided to provide the same, a senior
Railway Ministry official said. However, the decision to
provide bedroll kits is not applicable in the AC Chair Car.
At present RAC passengers are not provided with bedroll
facility in AC Classes since one berth is shared by two RAC
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in