Beed woman among passengers of missing Malaysian flight
Beed: A 44-year-old woman, hailing from Beed district of Maharashtra, was among the 239 people onboard the Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines flight that is presumed to have crashed into sea off Vietnamese coast.
Kranti Shirsat was one of the five Indians onboard.
The Boeing 777-200 Flight MH370 disappeared last night at 0240 local time (23:10 IST).
Shirsat`s elder brother, Ashok Hange, who is a lawyer, told PTI here that her husband Pralhad Shirsat was working with a Korean company for the last three years, while she stayed with her in-laws in Pune.
She had gone to meet her husband, Hange said, adding, the couple has two sons, one of them studying in the class 12th and the other studying in the class 4th.
The Malaysian and Indian authorities have got in touch with Pralhad Shirsat, who has left for India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you