Beed woman among passengers of missing Malaysian flight
Beed: A 44-year-old woman, hailing from Beed district of Maharashtra, was among the 239 people onboard the Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines flight that is presumed to have crashed into sea off Vietnamese coast.
Kranti Shirsat was one of the five Indians onboard.
The Boeing 777-200 Flight MH370 disappeared last night at 0240 local time (23:10 IST).
Shirsat`s elder brother, Ashok Hange, who is a lawyer, told PTI here that her husband Pralhad Shirsat was working with a Korean company for the last three years, while she stayed with her in-laws in Pune.
She had gone to meet her husband, Hange said, adding, the couple has two sons, one of them studying in the class 12th and the other studying in the class 4th.
The Malaysian and Indian authorities have got in touch with Pralhad Shirsat, who has left for India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research