Beed woman among passengers of missing Malaysian flight
Beed: A 44-year-old woman, hailing from Beed district of Maharashtra, was among the 239 people onboard the Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines flight that is presumed to have crashed into sea off Vietnamese coast.
Kranti Shirsat was one of the five Indians onboard.
The Boeing 777-200 Flight MH370 disappeared last night at 0240 local time (23:10 IST).
Shirsat`s elder brother, Ashok Hange, who is a lawyer, told PTI here that her husband Pralhad Shirsat was working with a Korean company for the last three years, while she stayed with her in-laws in Pune.
She had gone to meet her husband, Hange said, adding, the couple has two sons, one of them studying in the class 12th and the other studying in the class 4th.
The Malaysian and Indian authorities have got in touch with Pralhad Shirsat, who has left for India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought