Beed woman among passengers of missing Malaysian flight
Beed: A 44-year-old woman, hailing from Beed district of Maharashtra, was among the 239 people onboard the Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines flight that is presumed to have crashed into sea off Vietnamese coast.
Kranti Shirsat was one of the five Indians onboard.
The Boeing 777-200 Flight MH370 disappeared last night at 0240 local time (23:10 IST).
Shirsat`s elder brother, Ashok Hange, who is a lawyer, told PTI here that her husband Pralhad Shirsat was working with a Korean company for the last three years, while she stayed with her in-laws in Pune.
She had gone to meet her husband, Hange said, adding, the couple has two sons, one of them studying in the class 12th and the other studying in the class 4th.
The Malaysian and Indian authorities have got in touch with Pralhad Shirsat, who has left for India, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city