Beheading OK, ready for talks: Naxal boss
Kolkata: Maoist top leader Koteshwar Rao alias Kishenji on Friday admitted to beheading inspector Induwar, but did not show any remorse for the heinous act.
He however agreed for conditional talks with the West Bengal government.
``We are ready for a discussion but the government
should first declare ceasefire followed by us,`` Maoist leader
Kishenji told from an undisclosed location.
``The government will also have to unconditionally
release all the prisoners they have arrested from the time
when the joint operation started in June this year,`` Kishenji
``The arrests are unethical, illegal and undemocratic.
This is the primary condition from where the process of
negotiation can start,`` he said.
Next, the government would have to form a "people`s
committee" which would comprise representatives from the
Maoist side and the government. The committee would form a
common agenda on which there could be discussion, Kishenji
Asked if the government insists on laying down arms by
them, Kishenji said "we have always considered the state to be
an oppressive force and so long as there will be arms in the
hands of the state, we will continue our arms struggle. So,
the question of laying down of arms doesn`t arise".
For the first time in 11 months
since the tribal movement began in Lalgarh, the Maoists have agreed to come to the table for talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL