Beijing asked to reciprocate India`s commitment to `one China`
Itanagar: Asking Beijing to reciprocate India`s commitment towards `One China`, the government on Friday asserted that Arunachal Pradesh is an integral part of the country and will continue to remain so.
New Delhi has recognised Tibet as a part of China and Beijing should reciprocate by recognising Arunachal Pradesh as a part of India, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said.
"We can raise the issue but we cannot force them. India has been raising the issue (of Arunachal as a part of India) with China in various forums," he told reporters reacting to China`s recent move to show the border state as a "disputed territory".
"Vice President Hamid Ansari raised it when he visited China recently and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj raised it when the Chinese Foreign Minister had visited New Delhi," he said.
In his maiden trip to his home state after becoming a minister in the Narendra Modi government, Rijiju said the NDA government was giving priority to link the development projects in Arunachal Pradesh as strategic.
"We are trying to convert the normal development project into strategic one for its timely implementation and easy flow of funds. We must take holistic approach for all round development of this land-locked state," he said.
"No development projects will get the desired result unless Centre as well as state government work in close coordination," he said and urged the Nabam Tuki government to be partner with the Centre for all-round development.
"State government should comply with all central guidelines while implementing Central projects in the state and must ensure that no funds are siphoned off," he said.
Rijiju said the Home Ministry had submitted a proposal of Rs 5,000 crore to the Finance Ministry for the development of the border areas along China, from where a large number of migration has been reported of late due to lack of basic infrastructure which has created a vacuum along the border.
He said the Ministry has sent a proposal of Rs 707 crore to the Union Agriculture Ministry to initiate various projects in Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed