BEL, IAI ink pact on future long range missile-ship defence
Bangalore: Bharat Electronics Limited has signed an MoU with Israel Aerospace Industries for cooperation on future Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM) Ship-Defence Systems.
The MoU lays out framework for BEL-IAI cooperation, under which BEL will function as the lead integrator and produce major sub-systems. IAI will continue to act as design authority and to produce sub-systems as main sub-contractor of BEL.
H N Ramakrishna, Director Marketing of BEL, said: "We see IAI as a strategic partner with a wide range of potential joint activities. This MoU demonstrates that BEL and IAI can work closely together on the most sophisticated and advanced programs, for the mutual benefit of both companies."
"We will continue to operate under the active support and guidance of the DRDO", he added.
Joseph Weiss, President and CEO of IAI, said the MoU is a significant step forward in IAI`s joint work with India.
"Partnership with BEL will further enhance IAI`s ability to provide high quality solutions and service to Indian defence services, best supporting the needs of India. BEL is a strategic partner for IAI, and we hope this cooperation will expand to other areas of mutual interest", he said.
For several years IAI has been engaged in joint development programmes with DRDO and Indian defence industries for the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force,including joint manufacturing of sub-systems, according to BEL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Premier League: Leicester City will still be the underdogs, says manager Claudio Ranieri
- 'Avengers' stars surprise sick fan—See inside!
- All religions are used by men to control women: Mona Eltahawy
- Whoa! You will be shocked to know how much Priyanka Chopra is expected to earn in 40 days
- Chilean engineer develops early cancer detection system