Bengal Police arrests IM terrorist allegedly involved in 2010 German Bakery blast
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: West Bengal Police on Wednesday evening arrested Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorist Zahid Hussain, suspected to have been involved in the 2010 German Bakery blast.
Hussain is said to be a Bangladeshi national and an active member of IM`s Darbhanga cell.
The arrested terrorist will be later produced in a court today.
The bombing of the popular eatery located in plush Koregaon Park in Pune in the vicinity of the Osho Ashram and Jewish community centre had killed 17 people and wounded 64.
In April this year, Mirza Himayat Baig, the lone convicted accused in the 2010 bombing was sentenced to death for murder and criminal conspiracy by a sessions court which termed his crime as "rarest of rare".
The 33-year-old Baig, who hails from Beed district of Maharashtra, was convicted of hatching a criminal conspiracy in March 2008 in Colombo with six other accused -- Yasin Bhatkal, Mohsin Chaudhary, Riyaz Bhatkal, Iqbal Bhatkal, Fayyaz Kagzi and Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal.
Bhatkal, a founder of terrorist organisation Indian Mujahideen is in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday