Beni criticises Gadkari over Vivekananda remarks
Barabanki: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma today criticised BJP chief Nitin Gadkari for his comments on Swami Vivekananda saying it was indicative of a very "bad mentality".
"Those equating Swami Vivekanand with Dawood Ibrahim could only have a very bad mentality," Verma told reporters here late last night.
Verma said that RSS and BJP believe that they can take their party forward by creating problems and destruction and perhaps it was because of this habit that BJP president Nitin Gadkari went on to equate Vivekanand with a terrorist.
He demanded that Election Commission should immediately ban parties which indulge in such acts as people of the country have identified them and were not interested in giving them another chance.
Gadkari yesterday denied comparing Swami Vivekananda with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and expressed "sincere regrets" over the hurt to public sentiments caused by his remarks.
"I would like to reiterate that I never compared Swami Vivekananda with anyone. I had absolutely no intention to project Swami Vivekananda in bad light.
"If my words about Swami Vivekananda have hurt the public sentiments in any manner, I express my sincere regrets," he said in a statement.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal