Beni Prasad accuses Mulayam Singh Yadav of having links with terrorists
New Delhi: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma raked a huge controversy on Monday by saying that Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had links with terrorists.
While speaking in the Lok Sabha, Verma said that SP fought the Gujarat Assembly polls after 2002 riots along with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and helped Narendra Modi come to power.
Follwing the comment there was a major uproar in the Lok Sabha with SP MPs demanding that Beni be sacked from the Union Cabinet.
"Who is Mulayam to ask for my removal? Has he made me the minister? He should apologise, for he has betrayed the nation," Beni said in reply to their demands.
"For me, terrorism has no religion, no colour. The demolition of Babri Masjid and the post-Godhra riots are also terrorist incidents. "But he (Mulayam) joined hands with those who demolished Babri Masjid, like Kalyan Singh. His party also helped BJP to win in Gujarat," the minister said.
Verma, a friend-turned-foe of Yadav, has often found himself at the centre of controversies over his remarks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!