Beni Prasad accuses Mulayam Singh Yadav of having links with terrorists
New Delhi: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma raked a huge controversy on Monday by saying that Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had links with terrorists.
While speaking in the Lok Sabha, Verma said that SP fought the Gujarat Assembly polls after 2002 riots along with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and helped Narendra Modi come to power.
Follwing the comment there was a major uproar in the Lok Sabha with SP MPs demanding that Beni be sacked from the Union Cabinet.
"Who is Mulayam to ask for my removal? Has he made me the minister? He should apologise, for he has betrayed the nation," Beni said in reply to their demands.
"For me, terrorism has no religion, no colour. The demolition of Babri Masjid and the post-Godhra riots are also terrorist incidents. "But he (Mulayam) joined hands with those who demolished Babri Masjid, like Kalyan Singh. His party also helped BJP to win in Gujarat," the minister said.
Verma, a friend-turned-foe of Yadav, has often found himself at the centre of controversies over his remarks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic