Beni Prasad not aware of position of farmers: Jaitley
Ahmedabad: Sternly criticising Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma over his statement on inflation, BJP leader Arun Jaitley said those who have made such a statement are not aware that farmers are committing suicide due to burden of debt and increase in input costs.
Union Steel Minister Verma had earlier said that he was "happy" over rising prices of food items as it will benefit farmers.
"Inflation adversely affects everybody. All the consumers, including farmers, are badly affected by it. Economic condition of farmers is not getting better due to it, in fact due to rise in input cost their position is bad," Jaitley, who is here on a two day visit, said.
"In the last few years, farmers have committed suicide due to burden of debt and rise in inputs cost, which reflects that the person who has made such comments is not in sync with reality," Jaitley said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday