Beni Prasad Verma calls Mulayam as elder brother
Mirzapur: After unleashing verbal attacks on Mulayam Singh Yadav in the recent past, Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Saturday termed the Samajwadi Party chief as his "elder brother."
"Mulayam Singh Yadav is like my elder brother," said Beni, who was here to lay foundation stone of a SAIL processing unit.
The Union Minister further said that Vice President Rahul Gandhi was set to become country`s Prime Minister after next year`s general elections.
Country`s future will be secured in the hands of leaders like Rahul, he asserted.
Attacking Narendra Modi, Beni termed him a leader with a "narrow mentality", and alleged that the Gujarat Chief Minister is nothing but a "trader of votes."
He alleged that Modi has relations with the persons who are facing allegations of committing atrocities against minorities.
On the proposed processing unit of SAIL, he said upon completion, the project will give direct jobs to 200 people, and indirect employment to 1000 others.
To be set up with a cost of Rs 100 crore, work for the plant will be completed by 2014, the minister informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police