Beni Prasad Verma calls Mulayam as elder brother
Mirzapur: After unleashing verbal attacks on Mulayam Singh Yadav in the recent past, Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Saturday termed the Samajwadi Party chief as his "elder brother."
"Mulayam Singh Yadav is like my elder brother," said Beni, who was here to lay foundation stone of a SAIL processing unit.
The Union Minister further said that Vice President Rahul Gandhi was set to become country`s Prime Minister after next year`s general elections.
Country`s future will be secured in the hands of leaders like Rahul, he asserted.
Attacking Narendra Modi, Beni termed him a leader with a "narrow mentality", and alleged that the Gujarat Chief Minister is nothing but a "trader of votes."
He alleged that Modi has relations with the persons who are facing allegations of committing atrocities against minorities.
On the proposed processing unit of SAIL, he said upon completion, the project will give direct jobs to 200 people, and indirect employment to 1000 others.
To be set up with a cost of Rs 100 crore, work for the plant will be completed by 2014, the minister informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city