Beni Prasad Verma calls Mulayam as elder brother
Mirzapur: After unleashing verbal attacks on Mulayam Singh Yadav in the recent past, Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Saturday termed the Samajwadi Party chief as his "elder brother."
"Mulayam Singh Yadav is like my elder brother," said Beni, who was here to lay foundation stone of a SAIL processing unit.
The Union Minister further said that Vice President Rahul Gandhi was set to become country`s Prime Minister after next year`s general elections.
Country`s future will be secured in the hands of leaders like Rahul, he asserted.
Attacking Narendra Modi, Beni termed him a leader with a "narrow mentality", and alleged that the Gujarat Chief Minister is nothing but a "trader of votes."
He alleged that Modi has relations with the persons who are facing allegations of committing atrocities against minorities.
On the proposed processing unit of SAIL, he said upon completion, the project will give direct jobs to 200 people, and indirect employment to 1000 others.
To be set up with a cost of Rs 100 crore, work for the plant will be completed by 2014, the minister informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- US parades celebrate Gay Pride, honor Orlando victims
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?