Beni Prasad Verma dubs BJP a ``militant outfit``
Ambedkarnagar/Sitapur/ Pilibhit: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma has dubbed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) a ``militant outfit``.
"The BJP is no longer a Hindu party. It is now a militant outfit. Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and Swamy Aseemanand who share a close association with the BJP are now behind bars because of their involvement in the Malegaon blasts. This incident is reflective of the BJP``s thought process and involvement in the killing of people in the blast. Now, the Hindu as well as the Muslims fraternity will denounce the BJP," Prasad told a gathering here.
Meanwhile, BJP president Nitin Gadkari has questioned Congress President Sonia Gandhi``s defence of Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram over his involvement in the multi-billion-telecom scam.
Gadkari asked: "I want to question Sonia Gandhi. If A. Raja (former telecom minister) is behind bars, then why is Chidambaram roaming around freely?
BJP leader Varun Gandhi told people in Pilibhit: "I have come here with expectations. I hold a very strong visionary dream for the entire country for which I need to strengthen my hands that can be possible with your support. I urge you to get together."
Polls in Uttar Pradesh are being viewed as an opportunity for major parties to re-establish their foothold in the country`s fifth largest and most populous state.
Polls in Uttar Pradesh will be conducted between February 8 and March 3, and counting will take place on March 6.
A new 403-member state assembly will be elected in March. The poll results will broadly indicate trends for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'