Beni Prasad Verma dubs BJP a ``militant outfit``
Ambedkarnagar/Sitapur/ Pilibhit: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma has dubbed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) a ``militant outfit``.
"The BJP is no longer a Hindu party. It is now a militant outfit. Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and Swamy Aseemanand who share a close association with the BJP are now behind bars because of their involvement in the Malegaon blasts. This incident is reflective of the BJP``s thought process and involvement in the killing of people in the blast. Now, the Hindu as well as the Muslims fraternity will denounce the BJP," Prasad told a gathering here.
Meanwhile, BJP president Nitin Gadkari has questioned Congress President Sonia Gandhi``s defence of Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram over his involvement in the multi-billion-telecom scam.
Gadkari asked: "I want to question Sonia Gandhi. If A. Raja (former telecom minister) is behind bars, then why is Chidambaram roaming around freely?
BJP leader Varun Gandhi told people in Pilibhit: "I have come here with expectations. I hold a very strong visionary dream for the entire country for which I need to strengthen my hands that can be possible with your support. I urge you to get together."
Polls in Uttar Pradesh are being viewed as an opportunity for major parties to re-establish their foothold in the country`s fifth largest and most populous state.
Polls in Uttar Pradesh will be conducted between February 8 and March 3, and counting will take place on March 6.
A new 403-member state assembly will be elected in March. The poll results will broadly indicate trends for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video