Beni says Modi a `gunda` of RSS; Azam Khan calls him `brother of puppy`
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Gonda/Rampur: With less than a week to go before India begins to vote for the next government at the Centre, personal vitriolic attacks on Narendra Modi hit a new low after Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma called him a `gunda` (goon) of the RSS and Samajwadi Party`s Azam Khan referred to Modi as the `elder brother of a puppy`.
Addressing a rally in his constituency Gonda, Beni Prasad Verma alleged that Mahatma Gandhi was killed because of the RSS and the BJP. Attacking Modi, Verma said, “Narendra Modi is a gunda of the RSS and Rajnath (Singh) is his slave.”
The `gunda` remark by Verma came hours after he had alleged that the BJP and the RSS have been sold out in the hands of Narendra Modi.
“The BJP is insulting its senior leaders. The RSS and BJP have been sold out in the hands of Narendra Modi,” he said.
Senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan has also increased the tempo of his personal attacks on Modi.
Speaking to supporters at his home town, Rampur, Khan referred to Modi as “kutte ke bacche ka bada bhai” (elder brother of a puppy).
Both Verma and Khan are among the most vocal opponents of Narendra Modi and have been attacking him on all fronts, especially after he was named the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
“There is a lot of publicity of Modi. I don’t know where he is on the ground… In Bihar, BJP will not succeed in winning more than 5-6 seats. In UP, BJP will defeat itself and BJP president Rajnath Singh will certainly taste defeat in Lucknow,” Verma had said.
Azam Khan had been blaming Modi for the 2002 riots and accused him for pursuing divisive politics. "An assassin of humanity cannot become Prime Minister of India," Khan had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’