Beni slams Mulayam for praising Advani
Barabanki: Union Minister Beni Prasad Varma continued to target Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, this time apparently over the latter`s praising of LK Advani, saying a leader, whose party itself does not stick to the principles of truth, cannot be a truthful one.
The fresh remarks of Beni came two days after Mulayam, referring to Advani`s comments on law and order in Uttar Pradesh, sought an improvement in governance saying Advani is a person who "never lies."
"Advani sahab says UP is in very bad state and corruption is rampant.... Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth, as I have said many times.... I`ll go and meet him again," Mulayam had said in Lucknow on March 23.
Without taking any name, Beni questioned that "how can a leader, whose party never sticks to the truth, can never lie."
He further said that the statement points towards the political equations which may emerging in the time to come.
Admitting that scams did take place during the UPA rule, but said those who were involved, have been sent behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers