Beni slams Mulayam for praising Advani
Barabanki: Union Minister Beni Prasad Varma continued to target Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, this time apparently over the latter`s praising of LK Advani, saying a leader, whose party itself does not stick to the principles of truth, cannot be a truthful one.
The fresh remarks of Beni came two days after Mulayam, referring to Advani`s comments on law and order in Uttar Pradesh, sought an improvement in governance saying Advani is a person who "never lies."
"Advani sahab says UP is in very bad state and corruption is rampant.... Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth, as I have said many times.... I`ll go and meet him again," Mulayam had said in Lucknow on March 23.
Without taking any name, Beni questioned that "how can a leader, whose party never sticks to the truth, can never lie."
He further said that the statement points towards the political equations which may emerging in the time to come.
Admitting that scams did take place during the UPA rule, but said those who were involved, have been sent behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof