Beni slams Mulayam for praising Advani
Barabanki: Union Minister Beni Prasad Varma continued to target Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, this time apparently over the latter`s praising of LK Advani, saying a leader, whose party itself does not stick to the principles of truth, cannot be a truthful one.
The fresh remarks of Beni came two days after Mulayam, referring to Advani`s comments on law and order in Uttar Pradesh, sought an improvement in governance saying Advani is a person who "never lies."
"Advani sahab says UP is in very bad state and corruption is rampant.... Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth, as I have said many times.... I`ll go and meet him again," Mulayam had said in Lucknow on March 23.
Without taking any name, Beni questioned that "how can a leader, whose party never sticks to the truth, can never lie."
He further said that the statement points towards the political equations which may emerging in the time to come.
Admitting that scams did take place during the UPA rule, but said those who were involved, have been sent behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli captures his hard work on instagram! WATCH VIDEO
- Paper trays coated with silver capable of extending shelf-life of eggs: Research
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- UNREAL: Five most expensive football transfers
- Subbarao questions inflation-targeting, doubts its efficacy