Beni slams Mulayam for praising Advani
Barabanki: Union Minister Beni Prasad Varma continued to target Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, this time apparently over the latter`s praising of LK Advani, saying a leader, whose party itself does not stick to the principles of truth, cannot be a truthful one.
The fresh remarks of Beni came two days after Mulayam, referring to Advani`s comments on law and order in Uttar Pradesh, sought an improvement in governance saying Advani is a person who "never lies."
"Advani sahab says UP is in very bad state and corruption is rampant.... Now I have to assess the situation when a senior leader like Advani says such a thing. He never lies. He always speaks the truth, as I have said many times.... I`ll go and meet him again," Mulayam had said in Lucknow on March 23.
Without taking any name, Beni questioned that "how can a leader, whose party never sticks to the truth, can never lie."
He further said that the statement points towards the political equations which may emerging in the time to come.
Admitting that scams did take place during the UPA rule, but said those who were involved, have been sent behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened