Better facilities for BSF at border posts: Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Friday lauded Border Security Force (BSF) personnel for guarding areas prone to infiltration and said more facilities would be provided to the troopers deputed on the border-posts.
"The government is aware about the difficult conditions in which BSF personnel work. Their task becomes more difficult in adverse climatic conditions. The government is taking every possible step to enhance the service conditions of the BSF," Shinde said at 11th investiture ceremony of the BSF here.
He added: "I expect senior officers of the BSF to be little more considerate about the problems faced by junior officers and jawans."
"Living conditions in borders of the force have undergone a major transformation in last few years with better facilities for jawans. I am confident that within the next two years, basic facilities will improve further even in the remotest border-post of the force," he added.
Shinde said he was "well aware of the adverse climatic condition and shortage of infrastructure at some places".
"A lot of welfare schemes have been undertaken for the betterment of BSF jawans like jawans pension adalat, scholarship scheme and provisional of educational loans for their wards. These steps certainly will go a long way in strengthening the morale of jawans," he added.
The minister added that a family housing scheme was also underway to provide better housing for officers and other personnel.
Shinde also decorated 15 BSF personnel with the Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) and 34 other officers and troopers with the Police Medal for Meritorious Service (PMMS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!