Bhagat Singh not a `martyr`?
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: In a shocking revelation, it has now come to light that Bhagat Singh, who sacrificed his life for the country, is not described as a martyr in government records.
The Home Ministry, while replying to an inquiry under Right to Information Act, said it possesses no record to prove that Bhagat Singh has been declared a martyr.
Yadavendra Singh, the grandnephew of the freedom fighter, is mulling launching a campaign to get Bhagat Singh declared a martyr.
In April, the ministry had been asked as to when Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev were declared martyrs.
In May, the Home Ministry replied that the ministry had no record or document to show whether the trio had been declared martyrs.
On March 23, 1931, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev happily attained martyrdom.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read