Bhagat Singh not a `martyr`?
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
New Delhi: In a shocking revelation, it has now come to light that Bhagat Singh, who sacrificed his life for the country, is not described as a martyr in government records.
The Home Ministry, while replying to an inquiry under Right to Information Act, said it possesses no record to prove that Bhagat Singh has been declared a martyr.
Yadavendra Singh, the grandnephew of the freedom fighter, is mulling launching a campaign to get Bhagat Singh declared a martyr.
In April, the ministry had been asked as to when Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev were declared martyrs.
In May, the Home Ministry replied that the ministry had no record or document to show whether the trio had been declared martyrs.
On March 23, 1931, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev happily attained martyrdom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!