Bhagwati joins as Indian high commissioner to UK
London: Dr Jaimini Bhagwati, a noted economist
and veteran diplomat, has assumed office as the High
Commissioner of India to United Kingdom.
He took charge on February 27 and was warmly welcomed in
the India House in a formal function on February 28.
Bhagwati is a member of the 1976 batch of the Indian
Foreign Service. He holds Doctorate in Finance and a Masters
He brings with him rich experience having served inter
alia as the Indian Ambassador to EU, Belgium and Luxembourg,
in the Ministry of External Affairs in various senior
positions, in the Ministry of Finance and also the World Bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000