Bhagwati joins as Indian high commissioner to UK
London: Dr Jaimini Bhagwati, a noted
economist and veteran diplomat, has assumed office as the High
Commissioner of India to the United Kingdom.
He took charge on February 27 and was warmly welcomed in
the India House in a formal function on February 28.
Bhagwati is a member of the 1976 batch of the Indian
Foreign Service. He holds Doctorate in Finance and a Masters
He brings with him rich experience having served inter
alia as the Indian Ambassador to EU, Belgium and Luxembourg,
in the Ministry of External Affairs in various senior
positions, in the Ministry of Finance and also the World Bank.
He succeeded Nalin Surie.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: What tourists must know
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor Muttiah Muralitharan highly impressed with Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump