Bhagwati joins as Indian high commissioner to UK
London: Dr Jaimini Bhagwati, a noted
economist and veteran diplomat, has assumed office as the High
Commissioner of India to the United Kingdom.
He took charge on February 27 and was warmly welcomed in
the India House in a formal function on February 28.
Bhagwati is a member of the 1976 batch of the Indian
Foreign Service. He holds Doctorate in Finance and a Masters
He brings with him rich experience having served inter
alia as the Indian Ambassador to EU, Belgium and Luxembourg,
in the Ministry of External Affairs in various senior
positions, in the Ministry of Finance and also the World Bank.
He succeeded Nalin Surie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video