Bhakra dam drying, North India faces power crisis
Bhakra Dam: Sizzling under a severe heat wave, North India may have to face the possibility of a huge power crisis.
According to an Indian news channel, the reservoir at the Bhakra-Nangal Dam is approaching critical low levels.
A delay in monsoon would hit irrigation as well as power generation in states such as Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan.
In a warning, the Bhakra Beas management said cuts in water and power supply will be essential if monsoon are delayed than the first week of July.
The India`s second largest reservoir, Bhakra, irrigates 10 million acres of land in three states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands