Bhakra dam drying, North India faces power crisis
Bhakra Dam: Sizzling under a severe heat wave, North India may have to face the possibility of a huge power crisis.
According to an Indian news channel, the reservoir at the Bhakra-Nangal Dam is approaching critical low levels.
A delay in monsoon would hit irrigation as well as power generation in states such as Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan.
In a warning, the Bhakra Beas management said cuts in water and power supply will be essential if monsoon are delayed than the first week of July.
The India`s second largest reservoir, Bhakra, irrigates 10 million acres of land in three states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal