Bhandara sisters’ rape case: Three detained
Nagpur: Three persons were on Tuesday detained in connection with the alleged rape and murder of three minor sisters in Bhandara district in east Maharashtra, police said.
According to police, three sisters, aged six, nine and eleven years, who went missing since February 14, were allegedly raped and murdered by unidentified persons in Murwadi village in Lakhni taluka of Bhandara district, nearly 70 kms from here. Their bodies were found dumped in a farm well on February 16.
"Those detained are from Murwadi village from where the victims hailed. The trio is being interrogated in connection with the rape and murder case," police said.
The initial post-mortem of the girls had confirmed that they were raped and murdered. However, the forensic findings contradicted the report. The report did not show any traces of semen. The findings are also inconclusive on whether the girls were murdered.
The district police have questioned and interrogated over 500 people from the area so far in this regard.
The Inspector General of Police (IGP) Rajendra Singh and the Superintendent of Police (SP) of Bhandara district Arati Singh are camping at Lakhni and supervising the investigation.
Further details are awaited.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'