Bhanwari case: CBI steps up efforts to nab Indra
Jodhpur: CBI on Monday moved court, hearing
Bhanwari Devi missing case, seeking direction to declare Indra
Bishnoi, absconding sister of Luni Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
and two relatives of Sohan Lal Bishnoi, an accused in the
case, as proclaimed offenders.
Indra, Pukh Raj and Dinesh Bishnoi are wanted by CBI in
the case and it has already issued arrest warrants against
Indra is an important witness in the case, especially
after CBI has succeeded in nabbing Bishna Ram Bishnoi gang and
reaching the spot of disposal of Bhanwari`s last remains.
She had earlier made an unsuccessful attempt to obtain
anticipatory bail from the court. She has been untraceable
since her brother Paras Ram Bishnoi and former Rajasthan
Mahipal Maderna were arrested on December 2 in connection with
Indra is believed to have played pivotal role in
Bhanwari`s abduction and subsequent elimination.
Meanwhile, the Legal Aid Authority has provided a counsel
to Bhanwari`s husband Amarchand.
He had pleaded to the Authority to provide him with a
lawyer, citing his financial inability to afford a counsel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH