Bhanwari case: CBI steps up efforts to nab Indra
Jodhpur: CBI on Monday moved court, hearing
Bhanwari Devi missing case, seeking direction to declare Indra
Bishnoi, absconding sister of Luni Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
and two relatives of Sohan Lal Bishnoi, an accused in the
case, as proclaimed offenders.
Indra, Pukh Raj and Dinesh Bishnoi are wanted by CBI in
the case and it has already issued arrest warrants against
Indra is an important witness in the case, especially
after CBI has succeeded in nabbing Bishna Ram Bishnoi gang and
reaching the spot of disposal of Bhanwari`s last remains.
She had earlier made an unsuccessful attempt to obtain
anticipatory bail from the court. She has been untraceable
since her brother Paras Ram Bishnoi and former Rajasthan
Mahipal Maderna were arrested on December 2 in connection with
Indra is believed to have played pivotal role in
Bhanwari`s abduction and subsequent elimination.
Meanwhile, the Legal Aid Authority has provided a counsel
to Bhanwari`s husband Amarchand.
He had pleaded to the Authority to provide him with a
lawyer, citing his financial inability to afford a counsel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM