Bhanwari case: CBI steps up efforts to nab Indra
Jodhpur: CBI on Monday moved court, hearing
Bhanwari Devi missing case, seeking direction to declare Indra
Bishnoi, absconding sister of Luni Congress MLA Malkhan Singh,
and two relatives of Sohan Lal Bishnoi, an accused in the
case, as proclaimed offenders.
Indra, Pukh Raj and Dinesh Bishnoi are wanted by CBI in
the case and it has already issued arrest warrants against
Indra is an important witness in the case, especially
after CBI has succeeded in nabbing Bishna Ram Bishnoi gang and
reaching the spot of disposal of Bhanwari`s last remains.
She had earlier made an unsuccessful attempt to obtain
anticipatory bail from the court. She has been untraceable
since her brother Paras Ram Bishnoi and former Rajasthan
Mahipal Maderna were arrested on December 2 in connection with
Indra is believed to have played pivotal role in
Bhanwari`s abduction and subsequent elimination.
Meanwhile, the Legal Aid Authority has provided a counsel
to Bhanwari`s husband Amarchand.
He had pleaded to the Authority to provide him with a
lawyer, citing his financial inability to afford a counsel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen