Bhanwari case: Maderna, Malkhan named key accused
New Delhi: In the sensational Bhanwari Devi murder case, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) named sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress MLA Malkhan Singh as the
main accused in the second chargesheet on Wednesday.
The duo has been accused of abduction and murders in the chargesheet.
In the 97-page supplementary charge sheet filed in CBI
court here, Maderan and Malkhan Singh have been charged under
Sections 302 (murder), 120 (B) (criminal conspiracy), 364
(abduction), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence or giving
false information to screen offender) of IPC and SC and ST
(Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
Eight others-- Sahiram, Parasram, Amarchand, Umesharam,
Bishnaram, Kailash, Ashok and Omprakash -- have also been
named as accused in the charge sheet.
The agency had filed the first charge sheet in the case in
December last year against Sohan, Shahbuddin and Balia.
Investigations against Pukhraj, Dinesh, Reshmaram and
Malkhan`s sister Indira Bishnoi are pending, the agency said.
The CBI examined 300 witnesses in the case and the
chargesheet has 93 articles and 317 annexures.
Bhanwari, 36, had gone missing from Jodhpur`s Bilara area
on September 1 last year following which her husband had filed
a habeas corpus petition in the High Court.
After the state government ordered a CBI probe into the
case, the agency arrested Mahipal Maderna on December 3 and
Congress MLA Malkhan Singh on December 19 for their alleged
involvement in the case.
Soon after her death, a sleaze CD was circulated allegedly
featuring Maderna and Bhanwari.
Maderna was removed by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot from
his ministry in October after his name cropped up in the case.
During the probe, it was found that Bhanwari was allegedly
abducted and killed and her body burnt at Jaloda. Her remains
and belongings were later dumped in the Rajiv Gandhi Lift
Canal which were recovered by the CBI.
Agency sources had said that Maderna and Malkhan Singh
were being blackmailed by Bhanwari Devi who was allegedly
having relations with them and threatened to expose them which
led to her killing.
According to the sources, Bhanwari had demanded Rs 50
lakh from Maderna with whom she was shown in a compromising
position in a CD.
She had also threatened Malkhan Singh that she would make
it public that he was the father of her youngest daughter at a
Bishnoi community fair on September 7, it was alleged.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey