Bharat Ratna for Sachin: Cong says Govt keeps facts in mind
New Delhi: With BJP demanding a Bharat
Ratna for Sachin Tendulkar for his cricketing feats, Congress
today said that in giving the Padma awards or the Bharat
Ratna, government keeps all facts in mind and takes an
"Bharat Ratna or Padma awards are given by the
government after taking in view all facts at an appropriate
time," party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters here.
He, however, said that not only India but the entire
world respects the way Tendulkar has played over the years
and referred to the first double century in a One-Day
International scored by the Indian cricketer recently against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?