Bhatkal arrest joint effort of Bihar police, intelligence agencies
Patna: The arrest of IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal along with one of his close associates was the result of a joint operation by Bihar Police and intelligence agencies.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra Kumar told reporters that Bhatkal and his associate Asadulla Akhtar alias Haddi were arrested near Nahar Chowk in Raxual sub-division of Bihar`s East Champaran district, around 100 km from Patna.
Acting on a tip off that the top IM operatives were hatching plan for some terror incident, Bihar Police constituted a team under East Champaran SP Vinay Kumar.
The Bihar Police team with the help of NIA nabbed the two this morning, Kumar said.
NIA had announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh each on Bhatkal and Akhtar, wanted in connection with a large number of terror incidents across the country.
He said that NIA has taken custody of the two arrested IM top operatives and will produce in the court of CJM Motihari for transit remand.
Raxual sub-division of East Champaran district is about 225 km from capital Patna. Birganj is the bordering district of Nepal on the other side of Raxual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued