Bhatkal arrest joint effort of Bihar police, intelligence agencies
Patna: The arrest of IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal along with one of his close associates was the result of a joint operation by Bihar Police and intelligence agencies.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra Kumar told reporters that Bhatkal and his associate Asadulla Akhtar alias Haddi were arrested near Nahar Chowk in Raxual sub-division of Bihar`s East Champaran district, around 100 km from Patna.
Acting on a tip off that the top IM operatives were hatching plan for some terror incident, Bihar Police constituted a team under East Champaran SP Vinay Kumar.
The Bihar Police team with the help of NIA nabbed the two this morning, Kumar said.
NIA had announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh each on Bhatkal and Akhtar, wanted in connection with a large number of terror incidents across the country.
He said that NIA has taken custody of the two arrested IM top operatives and will produce in the court of CJM Motihari for transit remand.
Raxual sub-division of East Champaran district is about 225 km from capital Patna. Birganj is the bordering district of Nepal on the other side of Raxual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!