Bhatkal arrest joint effort of Bihar police, intelligence agencies
Patna: The arrest of IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal along with one of his close associates was the result of a joint operation by Bihar Police and intelligence agencies.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra Kumar told reporters that Bhatkal and his associate Asadulla Akhtar alias Haddi were arrested near Nahar Chowk in Raxual sub-division of Bihar`s East Champaran district, around 100 km from Patna.
Acting on a tip off that the top IM operatives were hatching plan for some terror incident, Bihar Police constituted a team under East Champaran SP Vinay Kumar.
The Bihar Police team with the help of NIA nabbed the two this morning, Kumar said.
NIA had announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh each on Bhatkal and Akhtar, wanted in connection with a large number of terror incidents across the country.
He said that NIA has taken custody of the two arrested IM top operatives and will produce in the court of CJM Motihari for transit remand.
Raxual sub-division of East Champaran district is about 225 km from capital Patna. Birganj is the bordering district of Nepal on the other side of Raxual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS