`Bhatkal at German bakery 15 days before blast`
Mumbai: Abdul Samad Bhatkal, prime suspect
in the February 13 Pune German Bakery blast who was recently
arrested from Mangalore, was seen near the eatery a fortnight
before the explosion, a senior ATS official said Tuesday.
"Abdul was seen in the area (Koregaon Park) where the
bakery is located following which a hunt had been launched for
him. Our probe suggests, he visited Pune a fortnight before
the explosion," the official said on condition of anonymity.
"In fact, he was seen twice near the bakery in the last
week of January...," the official said.
Abdul, a close aide of alleged key conspirator in the
German bakery blast Yasin Bhatkal, was arrested from Mangalore
and brought here yesterday in connection with a 2009 arms
In August 2009, three persons were arrested from south
Mumbai for possession of illegal firearms allegedly supplied
by Abdul, who was today remanded in police custody till June 1
by a local court in the case.
Earlier in the day, Home Minister P Chidambaram said
Abdul was the prime suspect in the German Bakery blast, which
claimed 17 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal