Bhatkal prime suspect in Pune blast: PC
New Delhi: Abdul Samad Bhatkal, who was arrested from Mangalore airport, is the prime suspect in the February 13 Pune blast, Home Minister P Chidambaram said
"ATS Maharashtra along with Pune Police were able to identify the prime suspect in the German Bakery Blast. Central agencies traced the suspect. He was apprehended on Monday," he said in a statement.
Chidambaram said the suspect has been identified as Abdul Samad from Bhatkal.
ATS Maharahstra has taken him into custody and will produce him before a magistrate today, the Home Minister said.
Samad hails from Bhatkal in Uttarkannada district in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry