Bhatkal prime suspect in Pune blast: PC
New Delhi: Abdul Samad Bhatkal, who was arrested from Mangalore airport, is the prime suspect in the February 13 Pune blast, Home Minister P Chidambaram said
"ATS Maharashtra along with Pune Police were able to identify the prime suspect in the German Bakery Blast. Central agencies traced the suspect. He was apprehended on Monday," he said in a statement.
Chidambaram said the suspect has been identified as Abdul Samad from Bhatkal.
ATS Maharahstra has taken him into custody and will produce him before a magistrate today, the Home Minister said.
Samad hails from Bhatkal in Uttarkannada district in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city