Bhatkal prime suspect in Pune blast: PC
New Delhi: Abdul Samad Bhatkal, who was arrested from Mangalore airport, is the prime suspect in the February 13 Pune blast, Home Minister P Chidambaram said
"ATS Maharashtra along with Pune Police were able to identify the prime suspect in the German Bakery Blast. Central agencies traced the suspect. He was apprehended on Monday," he said in a statement.
Chidambaram said the suspect has been identified as Abdul Samad from Bhatkal.
ATS Maharahstra has taken him into custody and will produce him before a magistrate today, the Home Minister said.
Samad hails from Bhatkal in Uttarkannada district in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH