Bhatkal prime suspect in Pune blast: PC
New Delhi: Abdul Samad Bhatkal, who was arrested from Mangalore airport, is the prime suspect in the February 13 Pune blast, Home Minister P Chidambaram said
"ATS Maharashtra along with Pune Police were able to identify the prime suspect in the German Bakery Blast. Central agencies traced the suspect. He was apprehended on Monday," he said in a statement.
Chidambaram said the suspect has been identified as Abdul Samad from Bhatkal.
ATS Maharahstra has taken him into custody and will produce him before a magistrate today, the Home Minister said.
Samad hails from Bhatkal in Uttarkannada district in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT
- I have aged not Michelle: Obama
- Look what Sidharth Malhotra has to say about PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee’s ‘Kala Chashma’
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover