Bhujbal for OBC quota in women`s quota Bill
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal has said there should be reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) not only in the Women`s Reservation
Bill but also proportionately in Parliament.
"Let there be reservation for other backward classes (OBCs), not only in the Women`s Reservation Bill but also proportionately in all the 542 seats of Parliament," Bhujbal
told reporters here last evening.
"Such a reservation is given in local self-government bodies and I have been making the demand to implement it in Parliament and state legislature," Bhujbal, a prominent OBC
leader in the state, said.
There is already 33 percent quota for women to contest
in local bodies and Panchayat Raj election, he said, adding
his personal opinion was that the women`s quota bill
incorporates a separate quota for the OBCs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days